Being willing to try new things
- Access is about trying new things, which may mean being brave and taking a risk.
- Taking a risk is about doing things differently. This means you might look silly or get things wrong. But this does not matter because taking a risk gives us dignity and makes us feel that we are worth something.
- We need to help people manage risk rather than avoid risk.
- Taking a risk, might involve letting go. For example, when parents of people with learning disabilities “let go”, so that they can live independent lives.
- Being creative means seeing challenges, not problems.
- If one approach doesn’t work – ‘try another way’.
- Money makes things possible, but it needs to be used wisely and creatively.